Chrisilla Yunisia de Fretes_23209891_3EB17
STRATEGI DALAM MENJAWAB SOAL-SOAL TOEFL TERUTAMA LISTENING
In toefl consist of Listening Comprehension, Structure and Written Expression and Reading Comprehension. In the Listening Comprehension consists of three parts
- The first, which is part A, is to look at the answer choices that are available for about the next one. Because, although the Listening Comprehension section, not written in the booklet about the matter that has been provided, but all the answer choices can be seen in the booklet about. By looking at the answer choices that exist, the TOEFL test takers can expect questions that will appear on the next question.
- Secondly, the whole dialogue is to listen carefully, because the answers to all questions in the dialogue or a short course that is played before.
- Third, listen and remember things that relate to 5 W 1 H, because the answers of the questions that arise will always be associated with such matters.
- Fourth, pay attention to the idioms that appear in the dialog. Some words have literal meaning also has a different connotation with real meaning. For example “blow the whistle” in the phrase “the police officer blew the whistle to stop the car” which literally means “blowing the whistle”. However, in the phrase “it was Supposed to be a surprise party but somebody must have blown the whistle for he did not look surprised at all”, the word can also mean “leaking shocks”.
- The fifth, the participant must pay attention to inferences. Which conclusions can be drawn from the sentence that has been played. Never empty the answer sheet even though the participants did not know the correct answer. Participants are encouraged to fill it by guessing the answer because it will not be charged a penalty even if the answers are filled in wrong.
Next, still in the listening section, which is a strategy to deal with part B and C. There are five strategies that can be practiced for the second part of this.
- First, if the participants have enough time, should consider options anticipate the answer to the topic of conversation / short lecture and a question that will arise.
- The second, listen carefully to the first line of the conversation / lecture is short. Often the first line contains the main idea, subject or topic of conversation / lecture short.
- Third, pull the conclusions on the situation in a conversation / short course (who, where, when, what) for questions that involve inferences.
- Fourth, the questions concerning the details are usually answered sequentially. Therefore, it is possible to take part in reading while listening.
- The fifth, the same as the previous suggestion, which is never emptied the answer sheet. Although it does not know the answer, participants should keep guessing because there is no penalty.